Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse

Just the other day, me and my family went out to Northfield mall to walk around. We wanted to get lunch so we decided to try a new place. This place was Texas Roadhouse. Definitely the best barbecue restaurant I’ve ever eaten at.

When you first walk in, you get seated and at your table is a little basket with bread and this brown butter substance. The brown butter is actually amazing and tastes kind of like cinnamon. It goes really well with the bread and is a great appetizer. Then you look at the menu and are presented with a massive selection of delicious foods.

I got 12 mild wings and they were amazing. They weren’t sweet as you probably wouldn’t expect from wings but actually very salty. But the saltiness just made them even better. They were tiny little wings but still very rich so they filled you up regardless.

My parents got the half slab of brisket and let me try some and it was spectacular. Again, the brisket was salty but had a little bit of barbecue sauce on it which completely balanced it out. This dish comes with 2 sides and the sides we got were the mashed potatoes and gravy, and the house salad. So a lot of food for a cheap price.

The mashed potatoes were good and the gravy just made them even better. The gravy was very salty and even a faint bit of sweet but it really made it better. I didn’t try the house salad but my parents liked it a lot so that’s good.

They also have an assortment of desserts and drinks which we didn’t get to try but I hope you do. Some locations nearby are one in Northfield mall, only 12 minutes away from McAuliffe, one in Arvada, about 20 minutes away, and one in Aurora, about 30 minutes away. So anyways, try it out if you want and I hope you like it if you do.