Why Kanye is Better Than Taylor Swift

Kanye “Ye” West is arguably one of the greatest rappers on this planet and one of the world’s best-selling music artists with 160 million records sold, but with his questionable personality, he went from being richer, more successful, and more popular than Taylor to being the opposite. Today, we will ask students at McAuliffe who they think is better and we will compare their accolades. 

Kanye West has won 24 Grammy awards ranging from Rap Album of the Year which he won 5 times, to Best Rap Song/Performance. Taylor on the other hand, has won 12. He is expected to win another Grammy with his highly anticipated album, Vultures, with another rapper Ty Dolla $ign.

Kanye also had $2 billion at his peak, while Taylor right now has more than $1 billion. One of the writers of this article also knows someone who worked on stage for Taylor, and let’s just say, he didn’t have good things to say about her. She apparently yelled at all the workers. This was before any of her international fame, so she might trying to act nice in front of the cameras. 

Taylor is also way bigger right now because of her annoying swifty fanbase and her relationship with NFL star Travis Kelce. Social media dramatizes her relationship to make her seem like a big deal and the media only has bad things to say about Kanye.

We asked groups of kids from different classrooms in the 7th and 8th grades and found that Kanye’s music was preferred over Taylor’s with a score of 34-16, further proving our point that Kanye has better music that never gets old.

There is no doubt that Kanye and Taylor respectively have changed their fans’ world, but Kanye had more of an impact because he has the most Grammys for a rapper of all time, and he has many successful albums to go with that. With that being said, Kanye has better music, more accolades, and generally more success than Taylor Swift.

View Comments (5)