Why Taylor Swift is Better than Kanye West

We have all heard the controversy between Taylor Swift and Kanye West. Whether you like West or Swift better, we all have our own opinions; and that is ok. I am just here to share my opinion. Feel free to share yours in the comments also. 

I think that Kanye West has good music! That might be surprising coming from a Swiftie, but that’s what I think. Some really good songs are Runaway or Homecoming. My problem with Ye is not his music; it is his behavior

An example of an offensive joke:

Following Queen Elizabeth’s death in the U.K. Ye took to his Instagram story to write, “London I know how you feel. I lost my queen too,” alluding to his divorce from Kim Kardashian. You can’t joke about a very influential person’s death and disregard their life with your love life.

Antisemitic jokes:

1. Ye quotes on a Fox News Interview, “I prefer my kids knew Hannukah from Kwanzaa. At least it will come with some financial engineering.” Every religion is equally important. How would it feel if someone told you that Kwanzaa was dumb?
  1.   During an interview, Ye criticized the so-called “Jewish underground media mafia” and alleged that “every celebrity has Jewish people in their contract.” He also claimed that his life was threatened by his Jewish managers, lawyers, and accountants due to his political beliefs. On both “Drink Champs” and “Cuomo,” Ye repeated his previous defense that Black people cannot be antisemitic, stating that “we are Semite, we Jew, so I can’t be anti-semite. Ye! Just because you are black, doesn’t mean you can’t be antisemitic. Nothing can dismiss an antisemitic comment. How would it feel if someone said a rude thing towards your culture and backed it up with “I’m white, so I can be rude towards you and your religion.” See? It doesn’t make sense. The double standard is crazy!
  2. Ye joined Fox News’ Tucker Carlson after his decision to wear a “White Lives Matter” shirt at Paris Fashion Week. During the interview that evening, Ye made a series of offensive claims about Jewish people and Jewish identity. Ye claimed that Jews are actually Black people, saying that when he refers to Jews he means “the 12 lost tribes of Judah, the blood of Christ, who the people known as the race Black really are [sic].”  He also said that it is impossible for him to be fairly described as antisemitic because as a Black person, he is actually a Jew.

Just because you are black, doesn’t mean you are automatically Jewish. The same comes with saying that just because you are Jewish, doesn’t mean you can’t be antisemitic. You can’t disregard a whole Jewish identity and make it about yourself.

I think we have all heard about the 2009 VMA drama between Ye and Taylor. I just wanted to add on by saying that Swift was an up-and-coming artist then. She didn’t have much experience with the music industry. The fact that Ye disregarded Swift’s hard work was very rude. 

Although Taylor Swift has done some controversial things, none of it compares to Ye. He had disregarded lots of the world and life just to make it about himself.  

View Comments (2)