Jojo Siwa’s New Song

Jojo Siwa’s new song “Karma” was released on April 5th, 2024, at 12:00 AM EST. The 20-year-old dancer, singer, and songwriter has been under a lot of hate recently even from all the teasers she has been posting on social media. Even though the song just came out, many people have stated that they do not like this song and don’t like Siwa’s attempt to appeal to an adult audience. 

First of all, Siwa has been under much scrutiny for not even writing her song. After a few days of it being out, many listeners realized it was originally written and performed by Brit Smith in 2012. It was recorded over a decade ago but was left unreleased until now when Siwa took her lyrics. The artist has gotten much hate about this, being knocked off the iTunes charts with Brit Smith’s version taking over. The music video now has over 25 million views on YouTube, but it is attracting some interesting comments. And no one knows what the “bad thing” she did was, as she references in her lyrics, especially because she was a child icon all about glitter and rainbows.

With this, the music video was extremely shocking to see for many people. Some YouTube comments read, “She looks and sounds like how Disney depicts high school bullies,” or “Bro looks like she got infected by venom”. And those aren’t even the worst ones. Others claim that they got secondhand embarrassment from how bad and awkward it was. Although on the other side, some people are very impressed with how well the music video is filmed and the overall presentation. Yet the majority of people decided they found the music video disturbing.

When you think about Jojo Siwa, what comes to your mind? Bows? Rainbows? Dance Moms? Glitter hair extensions? The blonde side ponytail? This has all been left in the past now. Siwa has turned over a new leaf, and almost all people and old fans of hers hate it. She has changed gears from the cute little girl she was. Siwa decided to switch away from being a child icon and pop star. In her adult persona, she uploaded a video to her social media, talking about how her content is not for young children, completely trying to change her audience. Many people are angry about this, especially parents seeing their kids watch their favorite icon turn into a whole different person in adulthood.

Although she had kept her deep love for dancing, she has completely switched up her style, her dancing now has turned into an oddly choreographed performance. Witnesses have even asked who was doing the dances in her videos, not even recognizing her as the infamous Jojo Siwa. They have noticed how Siwa goes too over-the-top, seeing that her backup dancers make the choreography look good. Many commenters have stated “Jojo, have you learned nothing!”, as a reference to her time on the reality TV show Dance Moms. Maybe Jojo Siwa hasn’t learned anything…