All About Gracie Abrams

All About Gracie Abrams

Gracie Abrams is a worldwide phenomenon, but she’s still on the rise. Gracie Abrams got her start in fame early but really took off when she became the main opener for Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour. While Gracie was opening for Taylor, she was also on her Good Riddance Tour which aligned with the cities Taylor was playing for, therefore, she didn’t have to get off of Taylor’s tour and fly to another place to perform, which would be exhausting. Gracie’s tour ended in January of 2024, with her post on Instagram with the caption “My heart is bursting. I can’t understand how it’s over. Thank you for everything.” on January 22nd. However, Gracie plans to continue opening for Taylor when Taylor kicks off another leg of her Eras Tour on October 18, 2024, throughout December 8, 2024. This isn’t Gracie’s first time performing before a major artist, during Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour Tour in 2022, but stopped April 23rd after beginning on April 5th, 2022.

Gracie Abrams was born on September 7th, 1999 in Los Angeles, California. Many people don’t know that Gracie is a nepo baby, meaning she’s the child of 1 or both parents being famous, while the child is also famous because of her father; JJ Abrams, who is an American filmmaker. JJ Abrams is famous for writing Star Trek and Star Wars! He has also written books like Star Trek, and Spiderman. Gracie has two siblings, Henry and August, along with their mother, Katie McGrath. While people assume that Gracie has been Jewish since birth, but Gracie actually grew up around two religions, her father’s side is Jewish while her mother’s is Irish Catholic. It wasn’t until Gracie got older that she decided to follow Judaism. Gracie makes sure she lets her fans know what side of politics she’s on! 

Gracie went to college at Barnard College but after a year dropped out to pursue music, then a year later released her debut single “Mean It”. Gracie now has 3 albums, her most recent is Good Riddance, released in 2023, she released her 2nd album This is What it Feels Like, in 2021 and lastly, she released her debut EP album, Minor in 2020. Good Riddance is Gracie’s first non-EP album, featuring songs like Where Do We Go Now?, Fault Line, and I Know It Won’t Work. Gracie’s most popular songs include her hit single, I Miss You, I’m Sorry with over 248 MILLION streams, and 21 with over 125 MILLION streams! Minor is Gracie’s best-selling album, Gracie wrote Minor about young love. The opening song, 21 allows teenagers and young adults to relate to the feeling of missing someone with great irony, it mixes the feelings of not liking someone, but regretting it, and feeling like you miss them so much you want them back, or to at least talk to them. Gracie was nominated for Best New Artist at the 2024 Grammys but, unfortunately, came runner-up. All together, Gracie is an astonishing musical artist who is very relatable to the younger audience.