Our Principal’s Mission for the School

What does our new principal, Amy Bringedahl want for this school? And what will she do to improve our academic experience? Amy Bringedahl, was asked to fill in for Kurt Denis after he got fired. Before this happened Amy was working at Northfield High School as their principal. Amy Bringedahl had been working there since 2016 and was going to leave after the 2023-24 school year but was asked to sub in here at McAuliffe instead.

Amy Bringedahl has been in education for 32 years and first became a principal in Michigan. She believes that impacting kids and influencing them is the best thing someone could do. The school board district placed her here at McAuliffe because we needed a new principal, and they thought of her because she has experience with middle schoolers and being a principal, but she did not have a choice to come here.

After the school year, Amy does not know what she is going to do and she wants to take it semester by semester and see what happens. Amy Bringedahl wants to improve the school culture and voice within the school and she is currently working with Mrs. Morre to make that happen. When asked Amy will say she does not agree with what happened to Mr. Dennis and she believes that people should stand up for themselves when they feel they should. Lastly, a typical day for Amy Bringedahl is hallway supervision, meetings with families, and any other places she is needed, just to fill in the gaps.