The Newest iPhone

The Newest iPhone

I got a new phone on my birthday this past year, and it was an iPhone 13. I thought it was pretty cool, and it was exciting. The iPhone 13 was one of the newest at that time, and it was a really good phone. But a couple weeks ago, my friend got a new phone and it was an iPhone 14. And while I was looking at it, it looked pretty much exactly like my phone. The only difference was a tiny silver circle next to the two cameras. Now my question is, do people really need the new iPhone, or are they all just the same?

I did some research, and according to “Good Housekeeping”, there is almost no difference between the two iPhones. They are the same size, they have the same display, the same processor, and basically the same camera systems. Here are a few stats on them to be more specific; 

• Screen size: 6.1 inches (the same on both the 13 and 14)
  • Resolution: 2532 x 1170 pixels (the same on both the 13 and 14)
  • Processor: Apple A15 Bionic (the same on both the 13 and 14)
  • Cameras: Two rear cameras – 12MP wide-angle and 12MP ultra-wide angle – and a 12MP wide front camera (the same on both the 13 and 14, although with some small upgrades)
  • Battery life: 19 hours of video playback on the 13, and 20 hours of video playback on the 14
  • Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB (the same options on both the 13 and 14)
  • MicroSD card slot: No (the same on both the 13 and 14)
  • Weight: 174g for the 13, 172g for the 14

See? Basically no differences. Just a 2g weight difference and an hour difference of screen time and maybe 2 other changes. So do you really need the newest iPhone if there is remotely no difference? The answer I will give you, and most people will give you is no. If you already have a phone, be grateful, and don’t ask for the newest phone every year because it doesn’t mean anything at all.