Dumbest World Records

Dumbest World Records

As of 2022, there were over 60,000 Guinness world records. Think of anything you want, put the words best, most, longest, etc in front of it and you have a record to break. For example, guinea pig Puckel Martin and his owner Madde Herrman of Vargön hold the record for the highest jump by a guinea pig. 10,800 students in Manila, Philippines hold the record for the most people brushing their teeth simultaneously. And Linda Lou Taylor of Indiana holds the record for most marriages. She has been married 23 times. The point is practically anything is considered a record these days and there are some pretty stupid records because of this. But which ones are the dumbest? Which ones are the grossest? And which ones are the most dangerous? 

Dumbest: Most fist bumps in 30 seconds

The record for the most fist bumps in 30 seconds has been beaten several times. In  2023 Howie Mandel-Agt judge and contestant David Rush broke the record for most fist bumps in 30 seconds with 380 fist bumps. They held the record until Dr. Varshavski and David Rush broke it again on February 5, 2024. This record seems like one of the dumbest because everyone can fist-bump. And watching someone break a record for the most fistbumps in 30 seconds sounds extremely boring.

Grossest: Deepest Insertion of Finger Into One’s Nose 

Let me just start by saying; EWWW! This is completely disgusting and unnecessary. Why would anyone want to break this record?! As of February 18, 2011, the current holder for this record is Josh Werner. Josh inserted his pinky finger 2.25 inches into his right nostril. There were so many disgusting records to choose from for this section but I chose this one because it shocked me that someone would want to do this. It is repugnant to pick your nose in general, but then to see how far up you can get your finger!? And not only that it could cause potential harm to your body. Anyway in my opinion this is one of the grossest records that exists. 

Most Dangerous: Most snakes held in mouth for ten seconds

Jackie Bibby holds all kinds of rattlesnake-related records. But in his most recent records, he set out to beat his record. He held 13 rattlesnakes by their tails in his mouth for ten seconds. Just as in the category before there were too many records to choose from. I decided to focus on this one because this was one of the most dangerous. After all, Jackie did not have any control over what the snakes were going to do and if they were going to bite him which is extremely dangerous.