The Pros and Cons to Screen Time

Person+Gaming
Max Waters
Person Gaming

Many kids complain about wanting more screen time, and many parents think that it’s not healthy and limits the kids to not much time. This article will talk about both the pros and the cons of screen time. First up we have the pros of screen time and some of the benefits of hopping on a video game or watching TV. While playing the game you need to know where the buttons are and when to push them causing the hand-eye coordination levels to go up. This can help you with your non-screen activities because you can accomplish tasks needing skillful hand-eye coordination more easily. Another pro of screen time is that it challenges your brain to solve many problems, and can teach you how to better troubleshoot. This can help your brain be stronger when trying to solve problems in everyday life, and can even improve your academic strength when it comes to troubleshooting. 

We have now gone over the pros of screen time, and now here we have the cons. Video games can cut back on social activities and outside time. This will cause you to not get enough vitamin D and will give you a harder time making new friends. Research also shows that too many video games can cause depression and self-hate. Now that you know the pros and cons of screen time, you can hopefully make a wiser decision on your screen time limits.