Pros And Cons of Uniforms

Pros And Cons of Uniforms

Is the dress code good? One pro is on field trips you can tell what school they belong to. It can protect from intruders. It is good for emergencies. According to McAuliffe, Uniforms are necessary “To prevent distractions and maintain a professional learning environment”. 

There are many reasons for uniforms but the main reason is to keep from distracting other students. Some people argue that it costs families additional money. Most uniforms at McAuliffe cost $10 to $14 which can be a lot for just a shirt.

Should teachers wear uniforms? People have argued that they should wear uniforms but some say not. With them already having to plan lessons, take care of the students, receive angry messages from parents, and more. Schools often have limits for what they can wear like no jeans, nothing revealing.

Some cons about uniforms can cause violence. A southern university in Texas found that scene-enforced uniforms have raised discipline by 12%. They also restrict freedom of expression so some students feel like they can’t express themselves by their clothes or what they are wearing. 

So, are they really worth it? I have gone to schools with uniforms in Texas scene kindergarten and I have never seen bullying.  I have also gone to a school hear in  Denver that let thar student dress freely and it was the worst school i have ever been to.

I interviewed someone and they said, “I wish the uniform was not as strict”.