School Should End Earlier

Getty Images
Little boy in math class overwhelmed by the math formula.

School days can be long and tiring, at McAuliffe. We come into school at 9:10 and leave at 4:10. While it’s good that we can come in at nine it could still have some improvements.

Schools have been going according to the same schedule of seven hours since the 1990s, that’s fifty years ago now. I think that now we should have a change in this tradition.

School days can be from seven hours to eight hours, this can be a problem because of after school activities. Many students have after school activities and because of school some kids could be out till nine pm depending on what they do after school and where they live.

That isn’t the only problem though, because of long school hours many students can feel overloaded with information due to going from class to class. With this generation’s attention spans it could benefit the kids at McAuliffe if there were shorter classes. 

School being long does have some positive effects though, with longer school days and classes we can go over a lot more and have many different units, kids are also able to do labs and go on field trips.

Although longer school days do have some benefits I do think that if school could end earlier many students would benefit from the change.