How Technology Impacts Learning In Schools

Research says that technology makes it easier for students to collaborate and save their work. Traditionally, when students collaborated, they may have created posters or notes of their work together. However, technology allows students to create digital collections of research and ideas. Technology helps students with different learning styles, but it also has its problems. For example, having to worry about glitches and sending through links to do an assignment. Teachers have to worry about the students having to click the submit button in Schoology or Google Classroom. Some teachers believe that if everything were on paper, it would be easier to monitor students but would also be hard to keep track of, unlike a computer, where you can just type something and find what you’re looking for in a few seconds and clicks of a button or two. Although, parents have to worry about their children getting too much screen time or getting a headache from looking at a computer screen all day. 

Doing projects on screen is fun and easier to do considering communication is also hard to do because you have to worry about having to charge the electronics or take a break because of how much you’ve been staring at a computer screen or your phone. Technology does have more importance than considered or thought about. Technology gives students teachers and even parents a better way of communicating or getting work done. It may bring up the electric bill just a little bit but the use of technology during whole-class instruction can foster student engagement for auditory and visual learners and the increase of technology has increased by at least 63%. It is growing and progressing at a rapid pace. It has changed the way we access resources. It has also changed the way we learn new things. Nowadays, people tend to rely on technology for everything.