Day in the life of Mr. Leo

JOHNNY CRAWFORD JCRAWFORD@AJC
September 6, 2012 – Decatur: This empty carton of chocolate milk sits on the table as Diego Wren,13, talks to a classmate during lunch at Renfroe Middle School in Decatur on Thursday, September 6, 2012. While many have fond memories of a childhood chill warmed by hot cocoa or of a thirst slaked by a cold glass, the very notion of the drink is on trial in Decatur. The school board just voted unanimously to consider a parent committee’s recommendation to ban the sweet, sugary drink from school cafeterias. Their argument: the calories outweigh the nutritional benefits. JOHNNY CRAWFORD /JCRAWFORD@AJC.COM

Have you ever wondered what Mr. Leo does daily? Or what being a middle school janitor is like? If so, keep reading. We interviewed Mr. Leo and asked some questions. Here are the questions and the answers.

We asked Mr. Leo, how do you feel about the AC? He answered that he is grateful that it’s here, but wishes it was here earlier. 

When asked what do you do on a usual day? He responded that he just cleaned up chocolate milk off the stairs because all of the students exploded them. What is the hardest thing that you do? He responded by saying that filling a paper dispenser was the hardest.

After we asked what is one fact no one knows about you? He answered that he was once he was our age. 

We also asked what the craziest thing that happened the day of the interview was. He said that he caught a mouse in a classroom that morning. We asked him what was the scariest thing that ever happened while he was on the job. He answered that he found two black mice in one classroom.

View Comments (1)