Nalgene is the Main Hiking Water Bottle

Nalgene is the Main Hiking Water Bottle

Nalgene has a reputation for being the most used hiking water bottle in the US for the past 50 years, this is because of multiple factors that make it more reliable than other water bottles. The major factors that contribute to hikers loving this bottle are that it is compact, lightweight, fits 32 ounces of water, and fits in most packs. This allows for these bottles to be taken anywhere, and the carrier can always have water, and never run out. In addition to these factors, they are also incredibly cheap and affordable. 

To go into depth about the reasons why these bottles are amazing, we need to look at the size, and cost. But they have a wide variety of water bottles, so I will be looking at the most averagely used water bottle, the 32 oz bottle.  The size of the water bottle has a volume of 946 ml, a diameter of 3.58”, and a height of 23,9 cm. They cost an average of 11$, between all of their bottles, in addition to them being highly customisable, and having tons of options. This means that even people who do not always have a lot of cash can buy it, opening the entire public to Nalgene’s bottles. And, because of their great size, it is absolutely worth the low cost. 

Due to all of these qualities that the Nalgene water bottle has, it is quite clear why these are popular among not only hikers, but every person who needs a good reliable water bottle for any daily activities.