Why Was School Invented

Most of us hate school, admit it. But whether you like it or not, it’s crucial for your education. So why was school invented anyway? Why could only white boys go? Why did the standards change, and now everyone can go to school? These are all questions that I’ve been asking myself, and I’m going to try to answer them. It all started around the years 2070 BCE-1600 BCE, the first school. Originally, the first school was made for boys in the nobility, with the poorer ones considered unworthy, and females should only learn how to do housework, being a good mother/wife.

Schools existed to train boys to be clergymen. Consequently, the education of women was not a priority. In 1789, however some schools started admitting girls, but still no black people, only in lower class schools, where the were treated very poorly, and the materials were really bad. 

However, in 1954 Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court case lifted that law, and Black and White students could officially go to school together. Ok. Now, for the biggest question I’ve been asking myself. WHO INVENTED HOMEWORK???? Because no one likes homework, and if you do, slay I guess do your own thing. Roberto Nevilis, made homework a thing in 1905, thinking that his students should adapt good studying habits outside of school.