The Total Eclipse

The total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024, along the path of totality, was a breathtaking sight. During a total solar eclipse, the Moon fully covers the Sun’s face, resulting from an astronomical coincidence. Despite the Sun being about 400 times larger than the Moon, it is also about 400 times farther away, leading to both celestial bodies appearing almost the same size in the sky.

The total eclipse was visible in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. However, it was only partial in the rest of the USA. In Texas, it began at 12:14 p.m., reached totality at 1:47 p.m., and lasted only 4 minutes and 28 seconds. It then continued to pass and go back to normal.

The eclipse was an incredible and breathtaking sight, one that you might only have the chance to see once in a lifetime. I would love to witness it again. However, the next total solar eclipse visible from the United States will not occur until August 23, 2044. So, until then, we will have to wait patiently.