Children’s Flag Football League Parking is a Problem

Children in a local flag football league at Skyland park, parking is terrible. The park is huge and has lots of football games going on at the same time. There is a  football league for kids 5-12 and when there are games a lot of people show up and so parking is a big hassle. There are about 46+ football games at the same time. It is always a pact around the football field/park. So people have to park two blocks down or even on the streets with houses by them. There are about  fifteen people on each team. And there are about 100 teams. So that is about 1500 kids in the football league or more. So that means about 30,000 parents plus grandparents which is like another thirty thousand people. So there are about 60,000 people who come to games. Probably a little less. 

They have two main places where they host games. The first one has no parking lots, but the other one does which makes parking a lot more convenient. And less crowded. So if there are 24 games going on that’s 360 children and two parents for each kid is 720 parents, and then 1440 grandparents, so add all that together that’s 2,520 people. That’s a lot of people for a small/medium field and to fit about 2,520 cars around the perimeter, so the perimeter is really small. 

There is also a church right near it, which has the tiniest parking lot and sometimes people who are going to the games park in their parking lot, which is probably super annoying for people who go to church. In addition to the church there are also tennis courts which makes it even more crowded. 

People are really angry when they park all over the streets in front of their houses. It could cause fighting (verbally and physically) which is not a good thing for kids to be seeing or hearing. Also if it takes this long to find a parking spot it could make kids late to practice and games. This is a problem. 

This is a huge problem but there are some possible solutions. They could move children’s practices to a different day instead of the same day as children’s game. So that way it gets rid of about half the cars that day. Another solution is they could put in a parking lot somewhere. That would reduce the amount of cars in front of peoples houses which would cause less fighting. They could also get another park to play at which would help a lot because then there are less people and it could be divided evenly.