Hotel Colorado

Hotel Colorado

As they checked into room 301 of the old hotel, the girl and the little child couldn’t help but feel excited. They were both exhausted from the long drive, but the prospect of staying in a new place filled them with energy. But little did they know that their stay would be anything but peaceful.

As soon as they entered the room, the child’s excitement got the better of him. He jumped on the bed, giggling and bouncing off the walls, while the girl tried to calm him down. “Come on, go to bed,” she said, trying to keep her voice calm. “We have stuff to do tomorrow.”

But the child was having none of it. “Only if you can catch me!” he exclaimed, running out of the room and into the hotel’s deserted hallways.

The girl chased after him, her heart pounding with both exhaustion and worry. As they turned a corner, the child suddenly stopped in his tracks. “I think someone’s there,” he whispered, his eyes wide with fear.

The girl looked around, but all she could see was an old rocking chair, creaking back and forth in the dimly lit hallway. “It’s nothing,” she said, grabbing the child and holding him close. “Let’s go back to our room.”

Back in the room, the girl tucked the child into bed, hoping to finally get some rest herself. But as she was about to leave, the child whispered, “I really did hear someone out there.”

The girl’s heart skipped a beat. She sat down on the edge of the bed, trying to calm the child’s fears. “It’s okay,” she said. “I’m here with you. And I promise, nothing will happen to us.”

Despite her best efforts, the girl couldn’t shake the feeling of unease that had settled over her. She spent the rest of the night lying awake, listening for any sounds that might indicate they were not alone in the hotel.

While he was getting tucked into bed, he whispered, as if scared ¨I really did hear someone out there.¨

¨Sure you did,¨ she said, tired of chasing after the boy

Later at night, she woke up to use the bathroom, the clock read 11:59.

When she came out, she heard a muffled scream, and the child was gone.