Taylor’s New Album Announcment

Taylor Swift attended the 66th Annual Grammy Awards. She was seen wearing a strapless, floor-length gown. She also wore gorgeous black gloves and was accessorized with a layering of 5 necklaces, one of which was a watch choker.

Swift became the first artist to win Best Album of the Year four times. Earlier in the night, she used her 13th Grammy win to announce her new album, “The Tortured Poets Department,” which will arrive on April 19th.

Taylor Swift states, “I know that the way that the Recording Academy voted is a direct reflection of the passion of the fans,” she said while accepting her well-earned Best Pop Vocal Album award. “So, I want to say thank you to the fans by telling you a secret that I’ve been keeping from you for the last two years.”  She then shared that she has a new album coming out soon. Shortly after leaving the stage, Swift shared the album cover on social media.

Fans were shocked all over social media. Lots of Swifties thought that she would announce her “Reputation: Taylor’s Version.” album. Fans like Lilliana Miranda and Anders Ball were asked “How did you react when she announced the album?” Anders Ball explains, “I was very happy and surprised about her album. I am very excited to listen to it.” Lilliana Miranda shares, “I was super surprised and immediately checked the setlist. I was shocked by the name of the album! I thought it would be about Travis Kelce; but it wasn’t.”

This isn’t the first time Swift has used an award show to promote a new album. Back in 2022, she announced her new album “Midnights” while accepting video of the year at the MTV Video Music Awards.