The Most Popular Sports to Watch

The Most Popular Sports to Watch

There are many opinions about what the best sport to watch is! Opinions range from basketball to football to hockey and MMA. I went out and interviewed 30 McAuliffe students and staff about what the best sport to watch is (this goes from the most popular sports to least popular):

1. Football 11 Votes: Football was a very popular vote Because of its crazy entertaining play’s and athleticism and fun to watch and how it the game can change in a matter of seconds,
  2. Basketball 7 votes: Basketball was a big answer because of its “insane” plays and high scoring and crazy athletic dunks and juk’s and the disrespectful celebrations made the game crazy and very fun to a lot of people
  3. Skiing & Snowboarding/Baseball 3 votes: There were a few people who said Skiing & Snowboarding and i asked them why and they said because of the insane sneaky athleticism and how precise you have to be to land or go for a trick and how insane the tricks can be when they land them  There were few to none who said baseball but they had by far the best answer why by saying how slow the sport can be while also feeling like the game is going super fast. One person said it feels like that because at one point you are catching a ball coming 100 mph at you or trying to hit a ball coming  100 mph to sitting on a bench chewing gum or sitting in left outfield when the guys a lefty and how quick it can change plus the watching the game with your dad and the quality time of it

4. MMA/Hockey/ lacrosse 2 votes: MMA and Hockey had very similar likings about them that they love the fighting in mma and the occasional fighting in hockey and they love the skill and precision/focus it takes in both to ice skate very fast while controlling and juking with a puck takes insane amount of skill assuming that a lot of people don’t even know how to ice skate while adding in a whole skill set of puck control and stick control. And for MMA the precise hand control and hitting the certain spot and how much energy and how hard it is to do it for multiple rounds. A Lot of people think MMA is just if you are big and strong you are the best MMA people but some of the best MMA players is a short and strong because of the amazing mobility and hard to hit target and fast shots proving them wrong

5. Lacrosse 2 votes: A few people said lacrosse because of the ball control and hand control to keep it in the stick and how fun and crazy the games can be plus its the sport they play and so its always more fun to watch and do.

6. Soccer 1 vote: And the least popular sport to watch out of them all was soccer because it was there sport and he likes the bursts of energy on the pitch and not always crazy just at certain points

And that wraps up the list of the most popular watched sport according to McAuliffe students and staff with football with coming in first at 11 votes! Soccer only had 1 vote, being the least popular out of the whole list.