What’s the Rarest Eye Color You Can Have?

There are many different types of color eyes like blue, brown, green, and gray, but what is the rarest one of them all?

The most common eye color is brown, with it being 50 percent worldwide. 10,000 years ago all humans had brown eyes, making it the most common. With brown eyes, your personality is practical, serious, steadfast, and easy to talk to. You also must be quite attractive in your looks or the way you speak. 

The second most common eye color is blue. A fun fact about having blue eyes is that all blue-eyed people are distantly related. And having blue eyes means you are cheerful and kind to everyone. Blue eyes are also thought to be lucky.

The third most common is hazel. Many scientists refer to hazel eyes as the eye color of the chameleon. If you have hazel eyes you are positive and up for adventures. 

We are left with 2 colors: green and gray. Some people say gray is the rarest, while some say it’s green…but which one is it? In 2014, green was the rarest eye color but recent studies say that gray is becoming more rare. Having green eyes means mysterious and magical qualities. Having gray eyes means you’re a great leader. 

Which eye color do you think is more rare, green or gray?

View Comments (2)