My Unpopular Opinion About the Stanley Cup

I have very unpopular opinions about Stanleys. Everyone is carrying them around and I honestly don’t know why. Are they a big trend on TikTok? Are they the way people can show how cool they are? Or are they just another water bottle to a lot of people? 

Stanleys were created in 1913 by an inventor named WIlliam Stanley Jr. Stanley Jr wanted to make a water bottle with vacuum insulation that also had the strength of steel, so you could take it outdoors. Stanley began as a small water bottle company in Massachusetts and is now a million-dollar company in Seattle, Washington. 

Stanley began becoming more and more popular in 2020 on social media. Many influencers started buying them, and more people saw that they had them. And places like Starbucks are now making their limited edition ones, making the demand for them even bigger. And now the company Stanley is worth 750 million dollars. You can now buy the most common type of Stanley, the 40 oz Quencher, anywhere, whether it is Target, Walmart, the Stanley website, or Starbucks. Anywhere with resale. The 40 oz Quenchers cost $45. 

Now, here is my opinion about the Stanley water bottle. To start, Stanleys are HUGE! So big, you can’t fit them in your backpack water bottle pocket, so you have to carry them around. And in McAuliffe, you can’t leave your water bottle around. Also, the colors are not that great. Really? Do you want a huge neon water bottle? Also, it is really easy to accidentally knock over them and spill. I know that I have knocked down several Stanleys. You also can only hold them face up by the handle, or else, the contents in your drink spill. So why choose Stanleys? Sure they might keep you hydrated, but why not get a much cheaper water bottle?

View Comments (2)