Is Math Really that Important?

Math has been around for a very long time, but would the world survive without it? Even though math is one of the most hated subjects and one of the hardest, we use it for most of our daily routines. Pretty much all the things that you see on a regular basis required math to make it. 

A lot of things would go away if we didn’t use math, some examples are buildings, recipes, transportation, calendars, and many other things we wouldn’t have. All the stuff in the world that has been created had to all use math in order for the correct outcome. Math has been around for a long time but we still haven’t changed a lot of it. 

Math has been around since 2500 BC when Sumerians used to write multiplication tables on pieces of clay they would make flat to be able to write. The earliest type of math that was ever started was counting numbers one by one. Although math wasn’t always called “math” it wasn’t until 1818 when people finally found the term ‘mathematics’ to call it.

But why still learn math when we have technology to solve it? Obviously using technology is much easier and much more preferred by a lot of people. Although according to many scientists, doing math without a calculator challenges your brain in very different ways.  So although many people hate math, it is a pretty important factor in our everyday life.

View Comments (1)