The Best Zero Sugar Drink

There are many zero-sugar drinks to try and replace sodas with similar tastes, but which is actually the best? The three that I will be reviewing are Poppi, Waterloo, and Olipop. There are many other low sugar or no sugar drinks but those are just the ones that I will be talking about today.

First, Poppi has little to no sugar while most sodas are loaded with empty calories and excess sugar, Poppi decided to make a better one. Poppi’s a modern soda that combines agave inulin, apple cider vinegar, and fruit juice to give you all the soda feels with 25 calories or less, 5g sugar or less, and prebiotics. Each Poppi is sold for $2.49-3.49 depending on the flavors which is pretty expensive for a soda although these have probiotics and only 5 grams of sugar. A six-pack of these cost 24 dollars. Poppi has multiple social media accounts and has gone viral on multiple platforms which caused them to expand their business to lip gloss sets merchandise such as tee shirts and hoodies. The year-round flavors that are currently on the market are Raspberry Rose, Watermelon, Classic Cola, Grape, Strawberry Lemon, Doc Pop, Cherry Limeade, and Rootbeer. There are also seasonal flavors such as pumpkin for fall, and currently, there is Cranberry Fizz. Poppi is currently the most popular low-sugar, probiotic drink with the taste being amazing and not too sweet. Still, some of the flavors are slightly tart with zero aftertaste of artificial flavors. And overall Poppi is my favorite probiotic low-sugar soda.

Next, Waterloo. Waterloo Sparkling Fruit Flavored Water, Multi-Flavor Variety Zero Calorie, Zero Sugar, Zero Sodium, Zero Calories. Waterloo tastes tart and sweet. The flavors of Waterloo are Black Cherry, Watermelon, Coconut, Lime, and Grapefruit. There are no seasonal flavors and an individual Waterloo is $1.56 and a 12-pack is $17.00. This is slightly cheaper than Olipop but is quite a bit tarter and has fewer flavors. However, these have 0 sugar so they will not leave sticky feelings. Waterloo has social media platforms but none of them have as high of a following as Poppi. Waterloo’s also have 0 sweetness to them and are extremely tart but also much cheaper than Poppi.

Finally, Olipop. Olipop is the healthiest soda out of these three Olipop is a deliciously refreshing tonic crafted with botanicals, natural plant fiber, and prebiotics to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. Each can have only 2-5g of natural sugars and 9 grams of dietary fiber. That’s 1/3 of your daily recommended fiber intake. Olipop is $3.99 and $34.99 for a 12-pack. It’s not cheap to use real fruit juice to sweeten soda like Olipop does. That’s why sodas are so cheap and Probiotic soda is so expensive. Olipop is very popular but unfortunately slightly too sweet for my liking and has an artificial aftertaste. Their flavors are tangy ginger and lemon, nostalgic strawberry pop, classic flavors of root beer and cola, and more that include their seasonal flavors.

All in all, all these probiotic sodas are amazing options to replace regular sugar-filled sodas with little aftertaste and taste amazing. My favorite is Poppi what’s yours?