Teachers Showing Favoritism Towards Students about Dress Code

As you know most people and Mcauliffe International school don’t wear dress code appropriate sweatshirts, pants, and more. But why do some people get dress coded and others don’t? Well sometimes if the pants worn are very noticeable, or very out of the dress code you will get asked to change. But if they are only slightly navy blue then you might not. But some people can get away with wearing neon blue jeans and others can’t even get away with some gray plaid pants. With hoodies it is sometimes the same deal. If it is neon pink, then you will probably get it taken away. If it is just a gray hoodie then from the back you’re good and from the front you can mostly get away with it.

But the real question is, do teachers show favoritism towards students about dress code? This is hard to tell and it probably depends on the teacher, but mostly if you are not cautious, than you are more likely to get dress coded as the staff members are looking, and if you have done it before why would you not do it again? Especially, if you are a “bad kid” and cause more trouble then the staff members and teachers will spot you easier. All in all, if you have gotten out of dress code more then you are more likely to get dress coded once again.

But is it fair that teachers can make you change? Well if you did agree to be in dress code the first day you came to Mcauliffe, then teachers have a right to make you change. It may be very uncomfortable to change into someone else’s pants or get your parents to pick your sweatshirt up at the office. Many students think that because when you get your phone taken away your parents have to pick it up, and when you get your hoodie taken away your parents also have to pick it up and a phone is more valuable. But if you are out of dress code and you get something taken away or you have to change, just get in the dress code.

View Comments (1)