The Attic

The Attic

There was once a family of two, a mom and a girl. They had some very special artifacts; the tooth of a lion, snake blood, and a miniaturized bank. They stored it in their attic. One night, when they were sound asleep in their bedrooms, two robbers, who had heard of their goods, came to sneak up to the large graveyard path in front of the house. They quickly ran up the wall to the bedroom windows. After they checked that the mother and the daughter were asleep, they crept up two more flights until they were only a few feet away from the attic. Suddenly, a voice rang out from behind them. “I SMELL ROBBERS!” The robbers, scared, climbed even faster now. They reached the attic and gratefully sank to the ground on the deck.

“We need to get going!” said one robber. They opened the creaky door to the attic and walked in. Scuttle… Something was running around the room. Bang… The door slammed behind them and was held shut by a force beyond human comprehension. They heard footsteps slowly coming towards them in their own deadly, sickening rhythm. They ran behind a barely visible pile of books. From behind the books, they saw two witches; one big, and one small.

The smaller one sniffed the air and took a step forward. “Dinnertime!!!”

Upon hearing this, the robbers moved not so silently towards the vault where the valuables were kept.

“What was that?” the taller witch exclaimed as the smaller witch continued to sniff the air. The robbers froze, fear twisting through their bodies like wilting roses. One of the robbers snapped out of his trance and moved toward the lock starting to pick it. The lock was luckily silent and opened with nothing but a little creak. He reached inside. He didn’t see the tarantula, one of the witch’s familiars which is a pet with magical powers, until it was too late. It bit down with sickening force on his hand and he felt the audible crunch of bone as venom coursed through his body. He stiffened like a wood board and fell over dead.

“AAAAAAAAAAH!!” the other robber screamed as the witches set in on him. The mom and daughter woke up the next day to see bodies hanging from their ceiling fan, bumping against each other as they rotted and wilted like a lily.

“Oh, no. It happened again. We gave in to our ancestor’s wishes in our sleep. We killed again.” the little girl said, a smile slowly creeping up over her features.