A Star on a Shoe

The Converse logo is iconic. It is in multiple shoe stores across the country, and can be found in some clothing stores like Pacsun or Urban Outfitters. Converse has its own website but is also available on the Nike app. You walk along the street and can’t help but notice the big star below the ankle. That’s the iconic Converse logo. The star badge is on the inside of the shoe to tell the buyer that it is a real Converse shoe.

Marquis Mills Converse is the founder of this shoe. Nike has manufactured Chuck Taylor, All-Star Converse since 2003. Converse shoes come in all sorts of colors, patterns, and sizes. Do you want a metallic platform Converse with pink laces? You can get that! That’s what makes the shoe so special; You can combine colors and patterns when you customize them online.  There are even Valentine’s Day shoes and different versions every season.

Right now you can most commonly see teenagers from 11-18 wearing Converse. The most popular Converse as of right now in middle school is the classic white Converse with the red and blue trim. Some prefer black trim along the rubber part but I think it looks more retro with the red and blue. The classic white, unisex high top is currently $65. The platform is an extra 10 dollars making it $75 without tax.

The star in Converse came from the “All-Star” part. In the Valentine version, they have a coral-ish heart. Some seasonal Converse have different patches but the most iconic is the star. I love Converse and it is so exciting to find the different colors and patterns in stock or online.