The Benefits of Crocheting

The Benefits of Crocheting

One fun, productive craft is crocheting! Crocheting is the art of using yarn and a hook to stitch shapes from rectangles to spheres to even key chains or stuffed animals! You can make a variety of animals, accessories, and even clothing with only a few easy stitches. It’s a great way to keep yourself occupied, and you can do it while watching a movie, reading a book, or listening to music. I believe that crocheting is a great outlet for your creativity because there are no limits to what you can make.

Another great thing about crocheting is that it is easy to learn. YouTube has many videos about how to crochet, and you can find patterns for almost anything online. In the article “The Benefits of Crocheting,” Muezart, the blog, says that, “By crocheting and allowing ourselves to be creative, we are taking our mind off from whatever has been troubling us.” Crocheting also lessens your stress because of the repetitive motions of the stitches. Additionally, it can feel good to finish a crochet piece, because you know you have accomplished something.

Mr. E, who is a visual art teacher at McAuliffe, said that he thinks that his students are making friends and boosting their self confidence through crochet club. The club also makes hats for cancer, and he loves to learn more about the tools. “I know what yarn is,” he asked us to quote. He supervises the club because a student who enjoyed crocheting wanted to start a club, but had no teacher to watch them. Mr. E kindly volunteered to do this club as one of his enrichments, and he loves it.

Crocheting is a fun art that can take your mind off of worries. I love to crochet and I hope you will consider trying it!

View Comments (1)