What is it Like in Aguascalientes

What is it Like in Aguascalientes

Aguascalientes is a state located in central Mexico, its name means “hot water” in English because of the numerous hot springs located in the state. Aguascalientes is also one of the smaller states in Mexico ranking #2 in area. The state was founded on October 22, 1575, and was founded by Rey Felipe ll. Its climate is dry and desert-like also described as semi-arid with pretty high temperatures sometimes ranging from the 50s to up to the 90s in Fahrenheit.

The state is also known to be one of the most affordable states to live in and is relatively a safe state with some crimes happening. But not quite safe due to a video released from a cartel. Other than that it is a great state to live in. Not to mention the rich culture that is implanted in the state. One tradition is “La Feria De San Marcos.” This is a fair that usually takes place around late April and the early days of May. This festival takes 22 days and it is filled with culture. The tradition is dated to have started in 1828 to initiate an activity that would give access to the opening of agricultural and livestock markets. Not to mention that usually at the fair there is a queen and 2 princesses.