Chicharito’s Soccer Career

Former player Javier “Chicharito ” Hernandez Balcazar comes back to play one last time before retiring. He is playing for the team C.D Guadalajara also known as Chivas as #14. Now, this is not his first time being in the sports world as he has played for many teams. Some of the teams include Chivas from 2006-10, Manchester United from 2010-14, Real Madrid in 2014-15, Bayer Leverkusen from 2015-17, West Ham from 2017-19, and Sevilla from 2019-20. Now he has returned to the team and is ready to do his very best one last time.

Chicharito, his nickname means “little pea” that his dad had given him because of his green eyes. He had started off as a career at only 15 years old . This is where he signed with Guadalajara Academy which was his first ever professional contract with a team. Later on, he would have made his debut and won a game 3:0. He was up against Club Necaxa. He played for the Chivas team which was his first professional team. He played for that team for 4 years before going to Manchester United.

The player has played for 3 World Cups playing for Mexico so he is not new to this at all. His first time playing in a World Cup was against Colombia in 2010. In all three World Cups, he was able to score four times. He is also known to be Mexico’s all-time leading goal scorer 156 goals for the club and 52 goals for the country. For the 2026 World Cup, he had said in an interview “Yes [I can see myself representing Mexico at the 2026 World Cup.] Look, there’s a dude who said ‘imaginémonos cosas chingonas,’ so of course I would say yes. But obviously, it requires a lot, how will I get there physically, which is the most important thing,” But he did face a disciplinary issue when he played for Mexico’s National team almost 5 years ago. The player participated in the organization of a party prior to the match against Argentina that was played on September 10, 2019. This caused him to not play the match and not be allowed to play for the national team.

He is now expected to return to the Chivas team after 14 years in march yet the team is already winning without him. “It depends on many factors, but my answer is yes, I could see myself with El Tri at the next tournament.” He had talked about returning to the Mexican National team which some people call “El Tri”. The new coach of the team Diego Cocca has reactivated the possibility for him to return to the team now that the old coach Tata Martino is gone. Chicharito had said that “ I have offers from other clubs, but my priority is to return to Chivas.” He has made it clear that he really loves the team and is happy to be back.