The 2026 World Cup Preparation

The 2026 World Cup Preparation

The next FIFA World Cup is in North America. This World Cup will bring millions of people and dollars. So how are America, Canada, and Mexico gonna prepare for this? Most games in the US will be played at NFL stadiums which will be modified to accommodate teams. And new hotels will be developed. Host cities for Canada are Toronto and Vancouver. The host cities of Mexico are Guadalajara, Mexico City, and Monterrey. Then finally we have Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, New York/New Jersey, Philadelphia, San Francisco Bay Area, and lastly Seattle. Sadly Colorado lost to Kansas City due to elevation and unfair advantages. 

But what is the preparation for the massive influx of money and people coming to North America? The US has already started to prepare. Canada, Mexico, and the United States were on a joint bid so they knew they were getting to host the World Cup. But why is this so important? The World Cup is the most-watched tournament in the world. For example, the Super Bowl on average has about 123.4 million viewers but on the other hand, the World Cup has over 5 billion viewers. That’s a pretty big difference. All games are usually packed at the World Cup but mainly on TV. And this is where money starts to pour into the economy. In Denver when Taylor Swift came she brought 48 million dollars just to the city. Think of what the World Cup would bring not only to the United States but also to Canada and Mexico.

The official FIFA World Cup website says everything is on track for the stadiums and hospitality to be up to date. Heimo Schirgi the FIFA chief operating officer said, “The wealth of sport and entertainment event organization experience across North America is being put to excellent use to make the 2026 edition the best FIFA World Cup ever. What stands out from the past ten days is that not only is the expertise there but also the commitment and the excitement.” FIFA wants this to be the best they want this year to go perfectly. The Fifa administration is working with the United States as they have the most host cities. With 48 teams, one hundred and four matches, 3 countries, and 16 host cities, I think this World Cup is going to be good.

View Comments (2)