Height Doesn’t Matter

Height Doesnt Matter

Eli Ellis is a high school basketball player who plays for the YNG Dreamerz in the OTE league. OTE (Over Time Elite) is a high school basketball league trying to get high schoolers ready for the next level. He has a large following on his TikTok account but also gets a ton of hate on it. People say he is just a TikToker or that he is “too small”, but he silences them all the time.

One of the best shooters in the country, Ellis will bring elite shot-making with deep range, defensive intensity, and court vision to an already loaded Overtime Elite roster. This past summer, Eli scored 51 points in a game playing with Team Loaded, using his craftiness to get to the rim.

Eli Ellis is a 4-star Recruit and is currently committed to South Carolina University. He is a 2025 graduate so he will most likely have one more year with the YNG Dreamerz after this current season. Ellis is from Hickory, North Carolina where he used to play high school ball at Moravian Prep with his younger brother Isaac Ellis and his dad Jeremy Ellis as his coach.

Eli Ellis standing at only 6 ‘1’ is the best scorer in all of OTE by averaging 33 points per game, although it wasn’t always this way. In the OTE King of the Court in 2021, Ellis showed out and showed what amazing potential he has. In the 2022-2023 season, he played for the City Reapers as a third star behind Amen and Ausar Thompson. Amen Thompson is currently on the Houston Rockets while Ausar Thompson is on the Detroit Pistons. Eli Ellis only averaged 13 points per game in the 22-23 season.

He was the youngest player in the 2022-2023 season and he also won Most Improved Player that season. The City Reapers went on to win the OTE championship against the YNG Dreamerz as Ellis came in clutch with a couple of threes every game. After the City Reapers swept the Dreamerz, Eli Ellis made one of the biggest decisions in OTE history. He decided to play for the YNG Dreamerz for the 2023-2024 season, which he just beat in the finals.

Eli Ellis took off in the summer of 2023 when he played for Cam Wilder on the RWE(Rod Wave Elite) AAU team in Dallas, Texas. He was saucing up defenders and pulling up from half-court. He led the RWE team to go on and win the AAU tournament with ease.

Currently, he is on the YNG Dreamerz with his brother Isaac and his dad Jeremy just like it was at Moravian Prep. He averages 33 Points, 6 Rebounds, and 5 Assists per game. Ellis has a stellar three-point shot as he shoots just under 40% which is very good. Ellis has scored 50 or more points twice this season and 40 or more points 5 times. Right now he has led the Dreamerz to an 11-4 record which is tied for the best record with the Cold Hearts. 

He is making his push for MVP right now in 2024 and shows no signs of slowing down as the OTE playoffs are about to start. Without a ton of stars on his team and many doubters asking why would he choose to play for the Dreamerz, Eli and his team are the favorites to win the OTE title.

View Comments (2)