Life360 Reveiw

An example of what Life360 tracking looks like on a phone.

Life360 is a common app for people’s phones to track most commonly their family while they have their phone. The app tracks anyone who has the app on their phone, and it’s compatible with Apple and Android phones. Although, Life360 cannot be downloaded on Apple watches. Now, let’s get into the app review.

Life360 has many pros, and that’s why most people decide to download it! It constantly tracks your phone, even when it’s turned off, and you don’t need to open the app to update your location. This means that the people who are members of your circle can see where you, or your phone, are at all times. So if your phone (or you) ever goes missing, it will be effortless to find. 

Along with the pros, Life360 also has some cons. A Lot of the users of Life360 are children whose parents have downloaded the app on their phones to track them for safety, but some children feel like their privacy is being invaded by their parents. The thought of being watched sometimes scares kids and that causes them to be less adventurous while being safe. As well the app, Life360 does not give the user a notification when someone checks their location on the app, which adds to the stress of being stalked by their parents. 

Overall, the app Life360, an app that tracks others’ phones, has been debated on whether or not it is beneficial or stressful. It ensures the location of the user that others can see for reasonable safety concerns from parents but also can be stressful and prevents exploration and adventurous qualities of children. What’s your opinion on Life360, is the stress relieving factor for parents too much for the stress it may cause children?

View Comments (1)