Copper Mountain the Athletes Mountain

Learn about one of the best mountains in Colorado and what it has to offer for you.
Copper Mountain the Athletes Mountain

Copper Mountain is a popular ski resort off I-70 and Copper Road. It offers a wide range of terrains suitable for skiers of all levels, including groomed runs accessible through the Super Bee, American Flyer, and American Eagle lifts. Woodward terrain parks are available through the Woodward Express and American Flyer lifts for those looking for more challenging terrain. These terrain parks feature rails, steep jumps, and boxes for a more exciting skiing experience.

One of the unique features of Copper Mountain is its reputation as the ‘Athletes Mountain,’ which is due to its world-class training facilities and programs for athletes in various sports. The resort is home to the US Ski Team Speed Center, where the world’s top athletes come to train, and the Woodward Copper Barn, which offers training for snowboarders and freeskiers.

On the backside of the mountain off the backside of the American Flyer lift you can go down to Rendevous Lift and go over to Copper Mountain, a well-known ski resort situated off I-70 and Copper Road. It provides a wide variety of terrains that are suitable for skiers of any level. The resort offers groomed runs that can be accessed via the Super Bee, American Flyer, and American Eagle lifts. For those seeking more challenging terrain, Woodward terrain parks are available through the Woodward Express and American Flyer lifts. These terrain parks comprise steep jumps, rails, and boxes to provide a more thrilling skiing experience.

The Spaulding Bowl at Copper Mountain is a popular destination for skiers looking for a more challenging terrain. Located on the backside of the mountain, the bowl offers steep, ungroomed runs that are perfect for advanced skiers and riders seeking an adrenaline rush. The Spaulding Bowl can be accessed by taking the Storm King lift, which allows to access the top of the bowl. From there, skiers can choose from a variety of runs with different types of difficulty. The wide-open, bowl can be very fun depending on the conditions, when there is less snow it is not too fun to ski. The Spaulding Bowl provides amazing views of the surrounding peaks.

If you’re looking for a fun and family-friendly ski resort with plenty of terrain variety, Copper Mountain is worth a visit. With its stunning views, amazing ski runs, and a range of other activities, Copper Mountain truly offers a complete mountain vacation experience that is hard to beat.