Chinese New Year Event at McAuliffe International

Ms. Eubanks, the Chinese teacher at McAuliffe International School, has made a tradition of a Chinese festival every year, honoring the Chinese New Year. After my interview with Ms. Eubanks, I found out that the Spanish program has copied her idea of the Chinese New Year and made a Spanish version of it, but I don’t know the event they celebrate in it. This year, the event will take place on February 2nd, 2024, where we will be welcoming the year of the dragon. The Chinese students will perform on stage, with one of their performances including a dragon dance, Yo-yo performance, and singing and dancing. This will all take place in the school’s auditorium, lasting around 40-45 minutes.

After that, the celebration will move to the cafeteria, where there will be 10 stations for the students to go to so that the students can get a taste of what it’s like to celebrate Chinese New Year in China. The stations have a wide variety of things to do and here are what you can do at each station: 1. Chinese Selfie Photo Booth 2. Chopstick station; where you can practice your chopstick skills! 3. Red Envelope station 4. Chinese Dragon Craft Station 5. Chinese Calligraphy Station 6. Chinese Bingo Station 7. Boba Tea station, Stations 8-10 will be food stations, including Dumplings, Eggrolls, and Fried Rice. According to Ms. Eubanks, some of the most enjoyed stations are the food, chopsticks, and photo stations.