Luka Doncic, Joel Embiid Getting Buckets

Luka Doncic and Joel Embiid both scored 70+ points! On January 22, Joel Embiid of the Philadelphia 76ers got 70 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 assists against the San Antonio Spurs. That is his career high.

Another player who got his career high was Dallas Maverick Luka Doncic. On January 26 against the Atlanta Hawks, he scored his career-high of 73 points! He also got 10 rebounds, 7 assists, and a steal. This scoring explosion was the highest since Kobe Bryant’s 81 points against the Toronto Raptors in 2006. 

These two players join the 70-point club, a club that only a handful of players get to be in. Only Wilt Chamberlain, Kobe Bryant, David Thompson, David Robinson, Damian Lillard, Donovan Mitchell, Devin Booker, and now Luka Doncic and Joel Embiid.

Usually, these points are scored against some of the worst teams in the NBA. Joel Embiid scored his points against a Spurs team that is rebuilding, and Luka’s points were against a Hawks team that has zero talent besides Trae Young. But, credit is given where credit is due, so welcome to the 70-point club Luka Doncic and Joel Embiid!