NBA and NFL News

NBA and NFL News

NBA

Toronto Raptors star Pascal Siakam has been traded to the Indiana Pacers in a three-team team deal with the Raptors, Pacers, and New Orleans Pelicans. Per ESPN, the Pelicans sent a 2024 second-round pick and Kira Lewis Jr. to the Pacers, but the Pacers immediately traded Lewis to the Raptors. The Pacers sent 2023 NBA champion Bruce Brown, a few first-round picks, and Jordan Nworra to the Raptors. 

Another trade happened on January 23 involving the Miami Heat and the Charlotte Hornets. Terry Rozier was traded to the Heat in exchange for Kyle Lowry, an NBA champion.

The Milwaukee Bucks fired their coach Adrian Griffin despite their 30-13 record. Their soft perimeter defense this season is very uncommon for the Bucks, who were one of the top defensive teams last season. Doc Rivers, another coach has agreed to take over as head coach of the team. It is looking likely that there could be another title in Milwaukee this season.

NFL

Former University of Michigan coach Jim Harbough is leaving for the NFL. He will be going from snowy Ann Arbor to coach in sunny Los Angeles for the Chargers. He will team up with Justin Herbert, Keenan Allen, and Austin Ekeler to compete for a playoff spot and maybe a title next season.