The Grinch That Stole Christmas

What I think about the movie “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” and part of its story.
The Grinch That Stole Christmas

The movie we all know and love, the Grinch has been around for 56 years. It was first broadcast across the United States on December 18, 1966. Ever since then “The Grinch That Stole Christmas” has been treasured by many families across the United States and in other parts of the world as well. But the Grinch couldn’t be the Grinch without Boris Karloff, he is the voice behind the Grinch. Boris Karloff was also in the Frankenstein movies and the raven, most of his movies are based around Halloween so The Grinch is truly one of a kind as it is a Christmas movie. The movie was directed by Chuck Jones. Dr.Seuss was the person to first invent the Grinch. 

Other than the actual animation of the movie I think “The Grinch That Stole Christmas” is a pretty good movie. It gives the person watching a nostalgic feeling. In the movie, a thing called the “Grinch” is a hairy green animal of some sort. Just north of Whoville, atop Mount Crumpit, a bitter cave-dwelling creature, the Grinch, lives with his dog Max. He hates Christmas because of his childhood memories.  One day the Grinch was fed up with Christmas, he couldn’t stand the singing of the Whos down in Whoville, so he decided to dress up like Santa on Christmas eve and go into the homes of the Whos and steel their decorations, presents, lights, food, and all of there other Christmas traditions. However, when those who woke up on Christmas to find that their Christmas had been stolen they still sang a song of joy. Soon the Grinch realized that Christmas is not about the food or the presents it’s about the family. So in the end he learned to accept it. 

So if you ever fall out of the spirit of Christmas just remember that the meaning of Christmas is not the presents you get or the food you eat, it’s about spending time with the people in your life who care about you. This is a good movie to watch with your family, it is good for kids and adults. Overall I give this movie 4 stars.