The Dissaray of MIS Bathrooms

At McAuliffe, one of the main problems is the bathrooms. Students may empty trashcans on top of toilets, and steal items like paper towel dispensers and soap dispensers. Some people think that it is funny and some do not. The truth is that the trash littered around the bathroom is disgusting, and I personally have found things like a Polar Spring seltzer can in a urinal, a urinal cake in the sink, a trash can on top of a toilet flipped vertically, and someones hat in a toilet. 

E-tobacco products or drugs like marijuana are also a problem in the bathroom, as last April a marijuana pen exploded in the bathroom.

The janitorial staff has to clean the bathrooms up, and they can’t do their jobs when people are purposely making the bathroom a mess! Students have to stop putting the burden of cleaning disgusting things up in the bathroom on janitorial staff and stop being childish. 

The main thing last year I haven’t seen this year is vandalism. Thankfully the craze of ¨tagging¨ has died down, and most people who did it see buying the supplies as a waste of money. So thankfully maturity seems to be on the rise, and the bathrooms might be better in 8th grade… right?… no. One of the stalls is missing a wall, which some students have dubbed as ¨public poop¨. So the dilemma of school bathrooms being terrible is something timeless, for the better or the worse… Probably the worst.