Dirty Hands

Dirty Hands

“Do others wash their hands in the bathroom?” I ask sometimes. The results will shock you. Recently, I asked myself that question and wanted to know the answer, so we went out and investigated. Dirty hands are a big part of today, and especially with COVID-19, they are very dangerous. When you don’t wash your hands when you go to the bathroom, you are endangering people’s health! This is really nasty considering the fact you touch a ton of people every day and are always touching your own face and body and the food you eat every day. 

Did you know germs and poop can make you sick?  They are terrible therefore we are investigating the boy’s bathroom and taking a survey. Dirty hands are lethal. Did you know that germs from when you poop and pee can even rift around in the air and you can breathe them in?

We learned that 60% of people wash their hands and 40% do not. Most people would go into the bathroom and just hang out and talk and just leave without washing their hands, but we did not count that. Most of the people who did not wash their hands were in 7th grade, as they were the most, and all of the people in 8th grade did wash their hands. We had an odd case of a person washing their hands before, then using the bathroom, which is quite a strange way to clean your hands.

Also, half of the time that people went to the bathroom there was no soap dispenser working at the time. The reason that sickness is spreading throughout McAuliffe most of the time is that people aren’t washing their hands and the reason for that is there are no working soap dispensers.