Bathroom Policy

Bathroom Policy

The bathroom policy at school is that you can’t go to the bathroom when the teacher is talking or giving instructions, but sometimes we can’t hold it. Our teachers say to go to the bathroom during the passing period, maybe during lunch. But for me, I have to go from the north side to my locker to the south side to get to my classes on time.

That may not seem like a lot but with all the people in the hall, it’s hard. In the process of doing that, I never have time to get to the bathroom in time to go to my classes. If we try and go to the bathroom during lunch, it’s so crowded and we only have 20 minutes to eat. Teachers are too harsh about going to the bathroom and when we ask they are like “You should have gone to the bathroom during the passing period.” I’m like “ There is not enough time.”

Also, it’s against the law to restrict someone from using the restroom? Other school policies are you have to be back quickly or you have to finish this and then go. But here you have to wait for other people, then you don’t have time to go anymore because there are only 10 more minutes in class or there probably won’t be enough time. Also, teachers say to hydrate but then it backfires on them. I personally know a few kids who just leave the class to go to the bathroom because they can’t hold it. Sometimes the teacher doesn’t let the kid go at all because apparently, they don’t respect the teachers. In Ms. Dewitt’s room, she gives us bathroom passes because we can’t go to the bathroom too many times. Things like this are what we can do to at least go to the bathroom, but not take advantage of it.

View Comments (5)