The Broncos are Off to an Embarrassing Season

The Denver Broncos have an 0-3 record to start the NFL, primarily because of their horrific defense and washed quarterback. Their first loss of the 2023-2024 season was a nail-biter, which came against the Las Vegas Raiders. The final score was 17-16. It was a close and interesting game, but it started with a very questionable onside kick that the Broncos did not recover, leading to an early score for the Raiders. Most people you ask won’t say that the Broncos lost because of the onside kick but because of their kicker, Will Lutz. He missed an extra point after the Broncos’ first score, and he also missed a 55-yard field goal to end the 1st half. After that game, the Broncos were disappointed, but it was a close loss in the first game of the season, so they didn’t worry about it too much.

In Week 2, the Broncos faced off against the Washington Commanders. The Commanders were coming off of a 4th-quarter comeback against the Arizona Cardinals. They won 20-16. An upside to this game for the Broncos was that Jerry Juedy was coming back from a hamstring injury that he injured in a team practice. So, the Broncos started the game very strong, and they were up 21-6 with a minute left remaining in the first half, but that was when the game took a turn for the worst for Denver. The Commanders went onto a 32-3 scoring run, putting Washington up 35-27. Surprisingly, the Broncos threw up one last pass to end the game from the 50-yard line. Somehow it was tipped up twice in the air and caught by Broncos receiver Brandon Johnson. Unfortunately, the Broncos had to go for a two-point conversion to tie the game, but the pass to Courtland Sutton was broken up by Benjamin St. Juste. This was a controversial game only because it looked like St. Juste pulled Sutton’s shoulder back on the failed two-point conversion.

Finally, in Week 3, the Broncos were heading to Miami to play the Dolphins. The Dolphins had already beaten the Los Angeles Chargers and the New England Patriots and had a perfect 2-0 record. The Broncos were not projected to win, but nobody would’ve expected it would be this bad. The Dolphins finished the game with a win that had an insane score of 70-20. What is even more insane is that the Dolphins could have broken the NFL record for most points ever scored in a game if they kicked a field goal at the end of the game, but instead, they were boring and kneeled the ball on fourth down. The Dolphins were the first team to ever record 5 passing touchdowns and 5 rushing touchdowns in one game. The Broncos allowed the most total yards (726) and most points (70) in their franchise history. The Dolphins broke numerous records of their own for their franchise and the NFL. So, obviously, the Broncos need to change something and a lot of people are suggesting the Defensive Coordinator Vance Joseph because they allowed 70 points in one game. I just hope they can get at least 1 win in the season.