Hockey is no longer relevant

We did a poll to find out people’s favorite sport in McAuliffe International School, on August 18, 2023, and the results determined that hockey is no longer relevant to the world of sports. Sorry to the single person that voted for hockey but the voices have spoken and your sport sucks.

The winning vote was other and we decided that it was either skiing or volleyball, which got 35% of the vote. Back on the topic of hockey, the viewership went down from 36,490 to 21,894, in 2022-2023, which is almost 50%. The most viewed sport, basketball, has 5x the amount of games in a season, and has almost 45x the amount of viewers than hockey, the least important sport. As for the higher sports, basketball, and soccer, they both got 23% of the vote. 

This means about 1 in every 2 people play either sport. Baseball is only boys, so it makes sense it’s lower on the list, but for lacrosse, there is no explanation for why it got so low, except for the fact that it’s boring, and no one knows a single professional lacrosse player.

View Comments (2)