Crocs: Trendy or Weird

Crocs: Trendy or Weird

Crocs are a comfortable and trendy shoe, but are they worth the buck? Crocs are worth a whole 55$ on site, quite a chunk of money if you’re just buying a cheap-looking sandal, but what sets Crocs in a different direction to make it worth it? To start these shoes can be customized with Gibits, little charms you can add to unlock more creativity in your shoes. Despite the creativity, Crocs have been described by Healthline as they “Don’t offer the best support in your heels.” Healthline also warns that “Plastic in Crocs can cause irritation and sweating, disputing being a breathable shoe.” Yet, plastic also makes the Crocs lightweight, and some say that plastic makes the Crocs more comfortable.

I interviewed Addie Wardell, and to say the least, she was not a Crocs enthusiast, “They are ugly, and it’s just weird to have a sports mode and a relax mode.” she says. While maybe Crocs have a controversial style, they are great for other purposes like rafting or exploring lakes and rivers, Graham Hyde says, “They are one of the best water shoes I’ve ever had.” Graham has a good point, they are great for exploring considering how quick-drying they are. Luke Lowery says “They are so comfortable, and they have so much support.” He also says, “50.00 is a bargain.” 

Many kids at Mcauliffe you can see wearing Crocs, and are quite popular in Middle school and High school. Not to mention that they are functional, breathable, waterproof, and lightweight. Perfect for exploring and school.

So really if you like convenient, comfortable, and functional shoes and don’t care how they look, Crocs are 100% worth it. But if you aren’t a fan of 50$ shoes that don’t look very cool, feel free to stay away.

View Comments (1)