French Superstar to go to Spanish Giants

The long-awaited transfer decision between Mbappé and various clubs has come to an end, with the Paris Saint-Germain wonder set to move to Real Madrid this summer for free, after Mbappé’s 2-year contract extension ran out. The Paris-born player will receive €25 million a year, including bonuses and a €125 million signing bonus for a contract lasting to 2029. He will receive a large pay cut going to Madrid, as PSG paid him €72 million per year, but he will join the Madrid project, which will see him surely win silverware with the likes of Vinicius Junior, Jude Bellingham, Aurelien Tchouameni and more. 

The LaLiga president himself, Javier Tebas, says, quote, “Knowing that he’s leaving PSG, there’s a 99% chance that Mbappé signs for Real Madrid,” Tebas told L’Équipe, a French newspaper on Friday. “But I don’t know if he’s already signed.” 

Mbappé, a FIFA World Cup winner, turned down a contract to move to Real Madrid in 2022 in a sudden move that saw him sign a 2+1 contract (2 years guaranteed, and the player can decide to extend for another year.) Only time will tell what Mbappé will bring to Real Madrid, be it good or bad.