Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Tears Of The Kingdom Review/Showcase
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

The game TOTK (Tears of the Kingdom) was good, better than the last being a sequel to BOTW (Breath of the Wild). The game also has hidden treasure which only appeared in the DLC of BOTW.  Luckily the four main regions (Geruodo town, Goron City, Rito Village, and Zora’s Domain) have stayed the same with now regional phenomenon.       

If you don’t know, Tears of the Kingdom is an open-world Action-Adventure game. If you like exploring and fighting upright pigs, this game is for you. Zelda is a game where your goal is to save princess, well, Zelda by fighting your way through a bunch of mobs such as bokoblins, moblins, witches, slimes, and so on. 

Cooking 101: 

With the new materials like golden apples and cheese Nintendo also added new cooking dishes. They now put meals such as Sunny veggie porridge, Cheesecake, and fan-loved Hylian Pizza. Though they made it harder to get cooking materials by causing inflation where things cost more and sold for less than they did in BOTW, but made up for it with the new materials.

Where Zelda is:

After the fall Zelda wakes up back in time and meets the Zoani king and queen. Zelda sees the unfamiliar world and gets to explore a bit, but then in Gerudo tens of moldugas race towards Gerudo town luckily the king defeats them in one move. Despite that victory, a man from the desert gets hired in the castle. The Queen gets word that Zelda wants to talk to her. The queen walks out with Zelda, but it is Ganon in disguise and throws a knife at the queen, luckily the real Zelda blocks with recall. Ganon teleports away but he comes behind the queen and stabs her, becoming the demon king. Then war is declared and monsters spawn everywhere, the king trusts five secret stones in five champions to defeat Ganon. In the battle they lose but the king puts his life into stopping Ganon for 1000 years. Finally, the champion Mineru comes up with a plan to turn Zelda into a dragon to eventually get to the right time and bring the master sword back to her time so she does.

Depths: To get into the depths you enter from a chasm in the floor and then use light roots which align with the shrines above. The depths offer many currencies such as peos for depth goddess statues and crystalized charges that extend your Zoani battery. In addition, you can collect a lot of good pieces of armor scattered in the depths. Though sadly when you get hit it makes your heart container crack and you can’t recover until you get to a light root of the surface.   

Sky Islands: Up in the sky, you can see platforms above the highest being the star island above Lookout Landing. Getting to them might seem hard but using recall on rocks that fell from the sky island or using the sky view towers to shoot you up makes it easier to get to an island. Up there the platforms usually carry treasure such as zonai parts and sages but sometimes carry items for quests.

Destroying Ganon: It may seem surprising but Ganon is actually in the Hyrule castle depths, and you go into a tunnel that leads you through a series of monsters. After you get past all of them you dive into a deeper chasm and a health bar that says Ganon’s army comes and you have to beat rounds of bokoblins, moblins, and lizalfos. Then depending on which regional phenomenons you’ve completed depends on how many bosses you battle. Then finally Ganon, his first stage is easy but then in the second he uses his secret stone and becomes fiery with double health which you defeat by dodging which will be always unsuccessful but then dodge their attack after that. When you defeat him he turns into a dragon and flies out with Link, then with Zelda (in a dragon form) picks you up and flings you at Ganon, and then with the master sword you attack three eyes/spikes. When you land on Zelda she flings you at his head, so you stab the master sword in his head, then your arm turns Zelda human and you dive into a lake with her.

Fighting: One of Zelda’s large game mechanics is fighting, with many different attacks you can do against your enemies. Jump slashing is one of examples of charge attacks where you turn your stamina into damage. Once you get into an enemy’s line of sight it will start to attack you. You can click Y to do your main attack or if the enemy is farther away you can pull out your bow by holding down ZR and then releasing to shoot. Most enemies take a few hits to kill, but if you have a very powerful weapon you may be able to take them out in one shot! Another very powerful fighting mechanic is the Flurry Rush, this happens when you dodge the enemy’s attack perfectly. The game will then go into slow motion and you can spam Y repeatedly to do lots of damage (sometimes more damage in these is a sword ability)

Yiga clan: The Yiga clan is a group of travelers who attempt to kill Link. They work for Ganon and in BOTW brought him back to life. Now in the TOTK you can unlock their armor set and sneak into their hideout. They sometimes disguise themselves as travelers so that when you talk to them they can attack and attempt to defeat you (you can tell beforehand if their name is their profession).     

Zonai Devices: Zonai Devices is a new game mechanic that allows you to build all sorts of contraptions and tools to use for your liking. You can only get these once you acquire the ability ultra hand from the first shrine on Great Sky Island. Another ability allows you to keep your previous creations stored and able to be reused. You can go to your scroll wheel and choose Auto-Build then select which creation you want to use, it will cost zonite depending on how big the build is. The way you build your contraptions is all up to you you can make flying bikes, death machines, tanks, and much, much more. You can get zonai devices from dispensers around the map, they cost zonite to use and they will dispense an assortment of devices that you can use. 

Sages: After you finish one of the five regional phenomenons the character that you used there now comes in spirit form so that you can use the ability anywhere. Though they can follow you everywhere all except Mineru have cool-downs so you can’t use their ability for a bit. Yunobo: can make explosions. Sidon: can create a water bubble around you. Tulin: can create wind gusts. Rigu: spawns lightning over arrows. Mineru: can work as a construct to make Zonai devices stronger and easier to use.      

Great Sky Island: Great Sky Island is the island you start on when you begin the game, it is the largest of all Sky Islands right in the middle of the map. It is like a whole world by itself.