Attack at Kansas City Chiefs Superbowl Parade

A shooting involving many people wounded and killed many people, at the Kansas City Chiefs Superbowl Parade, on Feb 14, 2024

After a close win at Superbowl LVIII, approximately 1 million Chiefs fans expressed their excitement towards the achievement. The fans however, were not expecting three people armed with guns to make a surprise visit. At the time of the first shots, people from afar thought “Fireworks!” but soon as everyone was stampeding, over fences, through grass, they realized not only what it was, but that they needed to get away. 

Reportedly, three people were detained but only one firearm was collected. With only 3 people, they were still able to wound about 21 people. The local DJ, Lisa Lopez-Galvan, was killed in the incident. A Missouri legislator said multiple family members of Galvan’s family at the parade were injured. 

One might say, a hero, Paul Contreras detains one of the gun-possessors. His daughter who he attended the parade with, Allysa Marsh-Contreras, steps back and records a video of her father tackling the criminal. Soon after, police arrived, and took the shooter under arrest. 

When this incident happened, Chiefs fans were devastated. People couldn’t believe this occurred, and they were rethinking “Should I support the Chiefs? What will happen at future parades!?”