Denver Public School Related Lunch Specials in Public School Menus

Almost every school in DPS has the same lunch menus and special lunches such as grilled cheese, salads, or yogurt baskets, and the same assortments of fruits that vary between weeks and months.

Every school in DPS has the same main course everyday, sometimes they might even have the same fruit at the vegetables and fruit stands. We should be having diverse and inclusive school lunches. It is important to ensure all students have access to a healthy lunch everyday. All students should have the opportunity to enjoy a healthy and nutritious meal that meets their nutritional needs. However, schools may be providing the same school meal everyday in order to keep costs down, having a consistent menu can help make food service easier and make it easier for students and staff to know what to expect for lunch, and with so much to manage, the school may find it easier to plan and execute a single lunch menu each day, rather than having to prepare different meals every day.

While these reasons are valid, it’s important to understand that having the same school lunch everyday can lead to students being bored and finding it harder to find something they enjoy eating. Some kids don’t enjoy the taste of Monday Chicken quesadillas to Friday sweet chili glazed drumsticks and rice, and some even get sick off of eating the school food, and even food poisoning from the school food. Others who have weak stomachs can’t handle the food’s ingredients and can possibly get sick.