Soccer Player Dies After Being Struck By Lightning During Game

An Indonesian Soccer Player was killed quickly after being struck by lightning in a soccer match on Saturday, February 10. Septain Raharja, a 35- 35-year-old who plays for Football Boots Indonesia (FBI) was walking out onto the field when the bolt of lightning struck him at 4:20 pm during the team match against 2 FLO FC. Videos of the incident at Siliwangi Stadium show Septain Raharja immediately collapsing onto the turf field, and his teammates running to him to help. Raharja was first assessed as still breathing, but later he was declared dead after being rushed to the hospital. He had a severe burn following the strike. In the past year, it was the second time a soccer player had been struck by lightning in Indonesia. A young player competing in last year’s U13 Cup in Bojonegoro, East Java was struck by lightning and left unconscious, but later, the young boy luckily survived. Many soccer players from all over the world paid their respects to Septain Rahjara after learning the horrible news and honored him. Former Indonesian National Team player Cristian Gonzales commented on Instagram paying a tribute to his death, along with Raharja’s former team, FBI Subang, posting photos and saying how much this death affected them.

The death of this player is devastating because if anyone who plays sports loses a teammate would be very upset