The Rise and Fall of Kanye West

Kanye West was born on June 8, 1977. Kanye always had a dream for music. But his career dropped in 2016 after his album “The Life of Pablo” was released, dedicated to the three Pablos. Pablo Escobar, Pablo Neruda and Pablo Picasso. His first album, “The College Dropout,” was released on February 10, 2004. The hit song “Through the Wire” was made while Kanye had a wire in his mouth. On October 23, 2002, West was in a California recording studio producing music for Beanie Sigel and The Black Eyed Peas.  After leaving the studio at around 3 a.m. in his rented Lexus, he had a near-fatal crash when he had fallen asleep at the wheel. He was taken to the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, mentioned in the song as “the same hospital where Biggie Smalls died,” and had his jaw wired shut in surgery. Two weeks after being admitted to the hospital, he recorded the song at Record Plant Studios with his jaw still wired shut. Consequence recalls West started rapping the lyrics to the song three days after the crash.

After the album’s release, it went number one on the US R&B/Hip Hop Albums (Billboard). Soon after that album in 2007, he released Late Registration. With songs including “Drive Slow, We Major, Heard Em’ Say, Touch the Sky, and Diamonds from Sierra Leone – Remix.” This album by far was one of his best. Two years after the release he made Graduation, which included songs “Good Morning,” “Big Brother,” “I Wonder,” “Stronger,” and “Champion.”  Kanye was living his best life. Buying mansions and bear outfits and cars. But soon after, tragedy struck at Cedars Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital Emergency Room. Donda West passed away due to Coronary Artery Disease and multiple post-operative factors from cosmetic surgery.

Kanye was devastated and went into a deep depression. His next album was 808s and Heartbreak. Everybody hated that album. Mostly because it wasn’t him, it wasn’t the Yeezus that we know. It had no guitars. No Leads. No Synths. No Samples. All the other Kanye Albums had samples. What had happened? 1 year later was an incident that is still debated to this day. Did Kanye make Taylor Swift famous? The only reason he made that album was because his mom died, his girlfriend left him and he was just a lonely man. After the VMAs, Kanye states that Mos Def comes to his home and tells him he has to move out of the country.

He listens. Kanye West states that he went to Japan for a clean reset. After that, he decided to make another album. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. With some of the best songs I have ever heard. Runaway, Power, Devil in a New Dress, Gorgeous, Dark Fantasy, Blame Game, Lost in the World, and All of the Lights. Kanye West was back!! The old Kanye West was back! Everybody had witnessed the best comeback ever. BUT….. It happened again. He released Yeezus. I mean, the album was good and all, but it wasn’t all that. 

Later on in 2016, Kanye released The Life of Pablo. With features including Kendrick Lamar, Kid Cudi, Desiigner, The Dream, Chance the Rapper, Kelly Price, Kirk Franklin, Rihanna, and others. The world heard as Kanye West dropped the beat for the first song in Madison Square Garden. Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1. He announced his tour for the album on June 14, 2016. But sadly, on his tour, he had a mental breakdown. That would lead to his career having a slow and painful death. Kanye is currently doing well for himself, he has a beautiful wife and just announced 3 albums in the course of 3 months. But who knows, Kanye is an unexpecting man. You just never know his next move!